Backpain - Learn symptoms of low back issues and stretches
Causes of Back Pain
Lower back pain has a common problem in today’s generation. Even the youths are facing the problem of back pains and neck pains. It can be caused by a variety of problems with any parts of the spinal muscles, nerves, bones, discs or tendons in the lumbar spine.
Typical sources of low back pain include:
An intervertebral disc may be degenerating
The large nerve roots or the smaller nerve roots in the low back may be strained or irritated.
The lower back muscles may be strained
The bones, ligaments or joints may be damaged
Reasons and Remedies - Back Pain
Reasons For back Pain and remedies to cure it:
The common reasons which lead to back pain are the:
• Wrong postures - Bad posture is one of the causes of low back pain. Sitting down incorrectly can limit the blood flow to the spine and degenerate the cells that involve it.
Remedy - If you’re sitting over a period of time, try to sit in a straight posture and sit in chairs with straight backs or low back support.
• Wrong postures in bending while doing any sort of work.-Sometimes when we are in hurry we bend in any form to pick up even heavy things which in turn stain muscles.
Remedy – Try to bend in perfect positions. In spite of bending and picking up load try to sit down first like you sit doing sit ups and then pick up the things.
• Hours of sitting work-Due to change in working scenarios, these days there is lesser of physical activities and more of sittings. Due to long hours of sitting the back muscles get strained.
Remedy- Try to take small gaps between works and just go for a small walk in your office premises only at regular intervals.
• Continuous travelling to distant places or workplaces-These days the cities have expanded there are lots of distances between one place to another. Also due to traffic lots of time is spent in reaching workplace or markets or any other place.
Remedy –Take a home nearby office premises if possible. Also ask for work from home from company and travel only when necessary.
• No exercise – Long hours of sitting and no physical work makes any person dull.
Remedy - Try to take out time and do some exercise, yoga and walking. Keep yourself fit
• Overweight – Being overweight puts an extra load in the back which in turn causes Back pain.
Remedy- You can try to indulge in lots of physical activities like jogging, walking, yoga and other activities. If possible join gym and be careful about diets and reduce your weight.
Symptoms of Back Pain
Back pain can vary widely. It may be mild, or it can be severe. Though you may not require immediate treatment but identifying it on initial stages will help you to cure fast.
If you come across any of the symptoms then please visit a doctor:
Pains in your legs, hip, or the bottom of your feet.
Fever and chills
Unexplained recent weight loss
Significant leg weakness
Sudden bowel and/or bladder incontinence or Severe, continuous abdominal pain.